Anna speaks with mind and money mentor and Chartered Accountant Laura Powner, who after years of success in the corporate accounting world suffered quietly with acute anxiety for many months before she discovered the deep need for gentleness and self-care. She now helps other business owners to tap into their own needs, not only for health and wellbeing, but also to help their businesses thrive. Laura and Anna talk about ideas around work, abundance, harnessing feminine energy, and receiving the messages your body is giving you.
In this episode:
- Why ‘energy’ is worth thinking about (even if you think it’s ’woo’)
- The mistaken beliefs we have about masculine and feminine energy
- What those energies have to do with success at work (it’s not what you might think)
- How Laura discovered that her own nurturing, calm demeanour could help struggling businesses recover and succeed
- Why the mind is just as important as money when it comes to succeeding at work
For more conversations on a healing and nurturing approach to food and self-nourishment, subscribe to the Nurture and Nourish podcast with Anna Anderson.
More about Laura Powner
Laura is a Chartered Accountant , Mind & Money Mentor and the founder of Get REAL.
She works with online business owners to establish their emotional and financial freedom goals and transform their mindset, energy and strategy so that they are in alignment to achieve them without the struggle.
Quotes from this episode:
On feminine and masculine energy:
It isn’t as simple as saying men should be masculine, and women should be feminine. Everybody, regardless of how we describe our sex has masculine and feminine energy, we have both. And both need to be used.
On mindset in business:
I started to see, it’s not about what a person knows about finance, or what they know about business. It’s about where they are sitting emotionally? Right? Where are they energetically?
Links and resources:
Laura’s website: https://www.laurapowner.com/
Laura on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/laurapownermentor